Building SEO into Your Site, from Concept to Completion
We always stress to our clients how important it is that their website is designed to include essential search engine optimization techniques to give it an effective edge over their competition in search engines. When it comes to search engine marketing you need to do everything ethical to stand out from the crowd and building SEO into the design from the start is central to the success of you online marketing campaign.
Does Your Website Have Built-In SEO? Check it...
We've put together a simple cheat sheet that you can use to do your own 5 Minute Web Design SEO Audit. You'll see whether your site has any SEO built in and also get a quick and basic idea of how well optimized it is for the search engines.
> Start your 5 Minute Web Design SEO Audit
An Important SEO Website Design Strategy that has Always Paid Off
At A to Z Net Ventures we know from experience that if your website is built with search engine optimization as one of it's priorities it is in the perfect condition for starting an SEO campaign. Let us work with you to design and develop your website so that it can be launched with our optimization experience and know-how built into it's core.
WARNING: If your website is launched without built-in SEO techniques, it is simply incomplete - you will have missed a crucial opportunity to gain a very desirable advantage over your competitors in the search engines.
Over the years we have developed and tested our own strategy for building you a website that possess all the necessary search engine optimization qualities needed in preparation for your successful ongoing SEO campaign. The A to Z Net Ventures Design for SEO Process includes the following strategies and more:
- Simplified Website Construction & Coding - We make every effort to ensure your website is not packed full of unnecessary code that will dilute the effectiveness of your important content. Remember that spiders don't look at pages as we do, they index the page code (what you see when you do a View > Source in IE). We streamline your code and move certain parts to external files when necessary. A simple website is also faster because file sizes are kept to a minimum.
- No Complicated Link Navigation Methods - We don't recommend complicated navigation methods that mean pages are buried forcing the user to follow too many links to locate what they need. We always recommend that wherever possible, it should take you no more that three clicks to get from any page of your website to any other. From an SEO perspective, search engine spiders are much less likely to find buried pages, especially if you site is new or low in the rankings already.
- Search Engine Friendly Navigation - Again, more simple structure and coding of your website ensures it is more search engine friendly. Sometimes spiders find it difficult to index pages with URLs that are extremely long and filled with certain characters. At A to Z Net Ventures we keep your page URLs in a simpler format with very spider-visible links pointing to them ensuring the maximum number of pages in your website can be indexed. This in turn increases the potential of your site to be found for a greater range of keyword phrases.
- Navigation that Effectively Improves Search Engine Positions - We want to make your website design actively work for your SEO targets. You probably understand that incoming links to your website are effective in gaining higher positions. What you may not know is that the links on your site pointing internally (to other pages on your site) can be carefully planned in such a way as to strengthen the target pages for their chosen keyword phrases. We will of course build this into your design as standard.
- Use of Images to Enhance Design AND Positions - Many SEO experts will discourage the use of images because text appearing in the image's design is not read by the search engines. Search engines read page code and when they come to an image in the design all they see is a file path. We do not discourage you from having images in your website design but rather advise you on how we can make them work for you. Of course we will use the alt text tag but we take it much further than that. All SEO companies advise the use of alt text but most do not employ the workarounds we use to allow for aesthetically pleasing imagery. We understand a website design is a reflection on your company and we want, as you do, to provide you with an attractive product. In many cases, our SEO design team is actually able improve your site's search engine positions using our image workarounds.
- Plenty of Opportunity to Use 'Keyworded' Content - 'Content is King' is a very well-known and commonly used phrase in the search engine optimization community (it is very likely you have heard it if you have spoken to other SEO companies), Our website designs are carefully planned so that you can make optimum use of keyword-rich (but not too rich) content to sell to your customers and also appeal to the search engines. After all, if you have more content, you have more opportunity to get your message across as well as the potential for being ranked in the search engines for a larger range of keyword phrases.
- Proper Setup of Title Tags & Meta Tags - Probably the most basic SEO procedure is the optimization of your <title> tags and then your description and keyword tags (although the description and keyword tags have very little effect nowadays).
Contact Our Houston Designers Today:
SEO Expert Available for Instant Online Chat
Chat with an actual SEO expert (or leave a message), show us your site and get some immediate feedback. Click the chat button to the left!
Call (713) 701-1854 to Talk for 'Real'
Give us a call and have a very informative chat with an SEM expert about your website, business, competitors and realistic goals.
Complete a Quick & Easy Request for Quote Form
Maybe it's 1am as you read this or it suits you better to send us an RFQ. Leave some info about your company - we'll call you very soon.