Search Engine Marketing Questions and Answers
We have put together answers to a number of questions we are often asked about our services as well as some answers to questions we believe you may find useful. If you have a question that is not addressed here or elsewhere on the site, please don't hesitate to contact us now.
- Which search engines do you optimize for?
- Why do you only provide reporting on my site's performance in Google, Yahoo! and Bing?
- What do you consider as 'spamming techniques' and do you use any?
- Why don't you guarantee positions for my site with your SEO services?
- Do you use any software to perform SEO on client websites?
Which search engines do you optimize for?
We optimize for all search engines but we focus on the top 3; Google, Yahoo! and Bing. These top 3 make up around 85% of online searches (depending on who you talk to). The remaining 15% of searches go through numerous other search engines including Ask, AOL, AltaVista and others. If your site is placed well in the top 3, you will also be placed well in these other search engines.
Why do you only provide reporting on my site's performance in Google, Yahoo! and Bing?
These are the top 3 search engines we focus on because they make up search a high proportion of searches carried out online. A number of other search engines actually use one of the top 3 to provide results. For example, AOL displays Google's results. Typically, if your site is performing well in the top 3, it is most likely performing well in these other search engines as well.
What do you consider as 'spamming techniques' and do you use any?
We do not use or agree with the use of techniques we consider as spamming (aka 'blackhat SEO'). Search engine spamming includes a number of techniques for improving positions that the search engines themselves disagree with. Such techniques include methods for making aspects of a page invisible to humans but visible to search engines (colored text on the same or similar colored background, CSS formatted text to hide content, etc), use of doorway pages , and so on.
Why don't you guarantee positions for my site with your SEO services?
It is impossible to guarantee specific positions with SEO. Remember we are talking about the 'natural' search engine results that are ranked according to the search engine's algorithms. We do guarantee that we will provide you with the best SEO services we are capable of; see our Search Engine Marketing Guarantee. On a side note, if you are considering different SEO companies, we suggest you be a little wary of any that offer to guarantee you 'top' positions (i.e. #1 positions). First, check whether they are talking about 'organic' search engine results and then get more details on the phrases they would guarantee. Obviously guaranteeing your unique company name is likely to be easier then your important keyword phrases.
Do you use any software to perform SEO on client websites?
No. We believe that a manual approach is in your best interest. Because the search engine optimization world is constantly on the move, no SEO software can ever be as effective as a human who is in touch with these changes. Search engines also discourage the use of SEO software. The search engines are becoming more intuitive in finding sites they consider spam and so we do all we can to make sure our client sites cannot be considered spam.
Contact Our Houston SEO People Today:
SEO Expert Available for Instant Online Chat
Chat with an actual SEO expert (or leave a message), show us your site and get some immediate feedback. Click the chat button to the left!
Call (713) 701-1854 to Talk for 'Real'
Give us a call and have a very informative chat with an SEM expert about your website, business, competitors and realistic goals.
Complete a Quick & Easy Request for Quote Form
Maybe it's 1am as you read this or it suits you better to send us an RFQ. Leave some info about your company - we'll call you very soon.